The Staff Services Division of the City of Rye Police Department is responsible for maintaining all records generated in the course of business for the police department, managing and insuring compliance with the N.Y.S. Department of Criminal Justice Accreditation Program, Taxi and Alarm Licensing and statistical data gathering and processing. Additionally, the division handles all technology and computer system management for the police. The division is open 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday including holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get a copy of a report?
There are several ways to request a copy of a report:
- Call the department at (914) 967 1234 x 2003. If no one is available, leave a voice mail and your request will be filled as soon as possible. Always call to make sure the report you requested has been processed and is at the desk for pick up.
- Complete our online report request form.
- Stop at the police department, 21 McCullough Pl. in person and speak to the desk officer or staff services directly. This is the least desirable method, as the office may not be staffed at the time of your visit. Calling or using the online form is the preferred method of requesting a copy of a report.
2. What do copies of reports cost?
The City of Rye Police Department charges $0.25 per copy per page for reports. Crime victims pay no fee.
Motor vehicle accidents are now available online at CRASHDOCS.ORG
Copies of crime related reports would be provided to the victim at no charge.
3. Where is the City of Rye Police Department?
The City of Rye Police Department is located at 21 McCullough Pl., Rye, New York. McCullough Pl. was formerly named Third St.
4. When can I pick up reports?
Reports can be picked up at the Staff Services office located in the main lobby during the week, from 8:00am to 4:00pm. After business hours, reports can be picked up at the main desk if previous arrangements have been made.