- Advise the public on how to apply for a job.
- Canvass and recruit for full-time job openings.
- Arrange for appointments of full-time, seasonal and part-time employees selected by departments to be hired.
- Monitor probationary periods and prepare permanent appointment papers.
- Arrange for performance evaluations and step increases.
- Assist in contract negotiations between the City and employee associations and monitor contract compliance.
- Publicize available training and educational courses and seminars to employees.
- Audit employee calendars and use of sick, vacation, personal, bereavement and workers compensation leave.
- Act as the staff contact person for the City-provided Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Maintain compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA) requirements and coordinate safety trainings.
- Manage City’s health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- Research and answer employee benefit questions including questions about claims and employee rights and benefits.
- Coordinate Executive Safety Committee meetings and disseminate necessary safety information to department heads.
- File claims for disability insurance and return portion of sick leave used when payment is received by City.
- Prepare list of quarterly reimbursement payments to be made to retirees and survivors on Medicare.
- Issue appropriate employment records upon termination for unemployment insurance purposes.
- Administer the NYS Retirement System programs for the City including enrollment, filing loans, changing beneficiaries, filing for retirements, & answering employee questions regarding benefits.
Westchester County Civil Service Exam Schedules
All Westchester County examination announcements can be seen visiting their website at www.westchestergov.com. Please download only announcements designated as "Open Competitive" and “Local Jurisdiction Promotional”. Employees of local jurisdictions are not eligible to take promotional examinations for Westchester County and Westchester Medical Center.