What is the STAR exemption and do I qualify?
STAR is the New York State School Tax Relief program that provides a partial exemption from school property taxes for owner-occupied, primary residences including condominiums and cooperative apartments regardless of age. Annual combined incomes are limited to $500,000 or less. To register for STAR, please visit Department of Taxation and Finance
What is the Enhanced STAR exemption and do I qualify?
There is an additional or “enhanced” exemption available under the STAR program to persons 65 or older whose adjusted gross income is under $86,300 (combined a.g.i. if married). Applications must be filed by May 1 along with proof of residency (and income for enhanced applicants).
Am I eligible for an Aged (Senior Citizen) Exemption?
To qualify for an Aged exemption, you must be 65 years of age or older and your gross income (combined gross income if married) cannot exceed $37,399.99. The property must also be the “legal residence” of all owners, with certain exceptions. Certain other requirements apply. Applications must be filed by May 1 along with proof of age and income. For more information or an application contact the assessor’s office.
Am I eligible for a Veteran’s exemption?
This exemption is available for qualified residential real property owned by veterans who served in the armed forces during a defined period of war, veterans who received particular expeditionary medals, or certain of their family members. The property must be the primary residence of the veteran, with certain exceptions.
For more information, please contact the Assessor's Office or visit the Department of Taxation and Finance
- RP - 420-a/b Org Schedule A Application for Real Property Tax Exemption for Nonprofit Organizations
- RP - 420-a/b Rnw I - Renewal Application for Real Property Tax Exemption for Nonprofit Organizations I - Organization Purpose
- RP - 420-a/b Rnw II - Renewal Application for Real Property Tax Exemption for Nonprofit Organizations II - Property Use
- RP -425-E -Application for Enhanced STAR Exemption for the 2019-2020 School Year
- RP - 425-Rnw - Renewal of Enhanced Star
- RP - 425-IVP - Income Verification Program-Mandatory for 2019
- RP - 425-Wkst - Income for STAR Purposes Worksheet
- RP - 458-a - Alternative Veterans Exemption
- RP - 458-b - Cold War Veterans Exemption
- RP - 460 - Clergy Exemption
- RP - 467 - Senior Citizen Exemption
- RP - 467-Rnw - Renewal of the Senior Citizen Exemption
- Full list of Property Tax Exemption Forms