The Assessor prepares an assessment roll of all real property, vacant and improved, within the corporate limits of the City of Rye, establishing the condition, value and taxable status of each parcel of property as of the first day of May each year. The valuations determined by the assessor are then used to apportion the amount of the City, County, and School District taxes to be levied against each parcel of real estate.
Important Dates to Remember:
- July 1st (Prior Year) -- Valuation Date
- May 1st -- Taxable Status Date, Last day to file for an Exemption
- June 1st -- Tentative Roll is published
- 3rd Tuesday in June -- Annual Grievance Day
- September 15th -- Final Assessment Roll is published
An Assessed value is a percentage of current market value used for the apportionment of taxes. If you feel your assessment is incorrect, please see the below for more information