New England Thruway (I-95) Reconstruction Project - "Last Mile"
Click HERE for more info
Please see a list of concerns regarding the I95 last mile project that the City has submitted to the New York State Thruway Authority.
- Is there a Detour Plan for the closure of I-95N entrance on Midland Avenue?
- An alternate entrance to I-287E/ I-95N from Boston Post Road would alleviate not only the impacts from the closure of the Midland Ave entrance but would have long term benefits to the surrounding area.
- Is there a Noise Abatement plan for rock removal near residences?
- Where is the Construction staging area location?/ future use by the City for snow storage
- Northbound Midland Avenue Sidewalk should be removed between 600 Midland Avenue and I-287 overpass including relocation of bus stop to the south –OR- extend sidewalk across I-287 entrance with pedestrian signal phases
- Improve crosswalk on Midland @ Cottage Street
- Include widening of Midland Avenue to extend right turn queue onto I-287 entrance
- Repair fence/ pedestrian barrier on US-1 over I-95/MTA overpass
- Why no Noise barriers in the City of Rye to protect residents