City of Rye, NY
Dawn Nodarse, City Clerk
NEED TO REFER TO THE CITY CHARTER AND CODE?
1. How do I register to vote?
City of Rye residents may register to vote by either obtaining a voter registration form from the Clerk’s office, 967-7371, or by calling the Board of Elections, 914-995-5700.
2. Where do I vote?
This depends on where you live. There are six different locations to vote. The Clerk’s office can clarify at which location to vote. Call 967-7371.
3. Where can I get an absentee ballot?
Applications to receive absentee ballots are available at the Clerk’s office, or by calling the Board of Elections, 914-995-5700.
4. How do I go about getting a permit to park at the Metro-North train station?
Call the Clerk’s office (967-7371) to put your name on a waiting list. You need to renew each year in October to maintain your place on the wait list. Once you have a permit, you will also have to renew each year.
5. I work in town. How do I get a permit to park in town?
Call the Clerk’s office (967-7371). You can get a permit if you have proof of employment and your car registration.
6. When does the snow ordinance go into effect?
November 1 through March 31.
7. Where do I pay a parking ticket?
In the Finance Department at City Hall - 967-7303.
8. Where do I go to Court concerning a parking ticket?
City Court - 21 McCullough Place.
9. How do I get a marriage license?
Marriage licenses are issued in the Clerk's office by appointment (967-7371) Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Present an original birth certificate, or certified transcript (obtained from municipality where born) with mother's & father's name (certified translation if not in English), and photo identification in the form of either a driver or non-driver license, or current passport, and pay a processing fee. If under eighteen (18) years of age, a parental consent form is required. If divorced, a certified copy of the divorce decree is required. If a widow or widower, a certified copy of the death certificate of the former spouse is required. A blood test is not required in New York State. The license must be obtained at least twenty-four (24) hours, but not more than sixty (60) days before marriage. It must be signed and returned to the City Clerk after the marriage. The returned license will be indexed under both of the original surnames, with the date of the marriage. A certificate of marriage registration will be sent to the married couple.
10. What is the telephone number for the Rye Post Office?
11. What is the telephone number for the Square House?
Listed under Rye Historical Society - 967-7588.
12. What is the telephone number for the Police Department?
13. What is the telephone number for Rye High School and/or other City of Rye schools?
14. What is the telephone number for the Library?
Listed under Rye Free Reading Room - 967-0480.
15. What is the telephone number for the Chamber of Commerce?
The Chamber of Commerce for the City of Rye is doing business as the Rye Merchants Association. Contact is Lisa McKiernan - 921-4166.
16. How do I reserve the sign near the Citibank on the Boston Post Road?
Reservations are made through the Clerk’s office - 967-7371.
Reservations for the following calendar year are not taken until July 1st, 9:00 A.M. of the present year.
17. Is there a ferry to New York?
Call Playland - 813-7000.
18. Who do I contact about special events?
Rye Recreation Department - 967-2535.
Can't find an answer here? - E-mail your question directly to the City Clerk.