City of Rye, NY
Description of Services
The City Engineer provides engineering service and advice to all agencies and departments of the City; prepares and administers contract for major public work projects and purchases; reviews all proposed improvements submitted to the Planning Commission for code compliance in the area of surface water control; erosion control; and adequacy of road, sewer and utility plans; administers various street opening and obstruction permits and provides field inspection for all of the above and over sees the administration of the Department of Public Works.
Reviews and administers permit applications:
- Filling and dredging
- Excavation on Public Property - Excavation includes house sewer lateral repairs and installations, sidewalk repairs and replacements, curb repairs and installations, and driveway installation. All of the above requires a permit.
- Commercial Sites Under Construction - This includes reviewing and inspection of the drainage and sewer improvements that will be connected to the City sewer or drainage systems. This type of work requires a permit.
- Permits for all Obstruction on Public Streets - This includes dumpsters, construction equipment, and materials. All of the above requires a permit.
- Surface Water, Erosion and Sedimentation Control - This includes the installation of driveways, patios, walkways, changing the grade of the land, and the installation of a private drainage systems. All of the above requires a permit.
- Provide Sewer Main and Drainage Line Information - The Engineering Department provides the location, size, type, and depths of sewer mains and drainage lines.
- Inspections of Subdivision Under Construction - The inspections are performed on the proposed sewers, drainage and roadways. These inspections are performed to insure the new improvements are constructed to the subdivision approval.
- Right-of-Way Permit Utility Companies
- Right-of-Way Permit
- Right-of-Way Details and Specifications
- Surface Water, Erosion and Sediment Permit
- Benchmark Map
- Benchmark Descriptions
Ryan Coyne, City Engineer, Email: email@example.com