City of Rye, NY
Boat Basin Supervisor
Fax: (914) 967-2385
650 Milton Road, Rye NY 10580
SEEKING NEW COMMISSIONER MEMBER
The City of Rye Boat Basin is seeking to fill the 7th seat on the Boat Basin Commission. This vacancy is open to both residents and non-residents that are current slip holders in good standing at the Boat Basin. If you are interested in running for this vacancy please email your contact information and brief Bio to the Rye City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of Services
The Boat Basin provides 425 numbered summer boat slips for power and sail boats ranging in size from 8 feet to 37 feet. It also provides winter storage land 175 boats, winter wet 20 boats are stored. Use of this facility is generally limited to permit holders who are given first right of renewal. Vacancies are filled from a waiting list based upon size of boat with priority given to Rye residents. Management of the Boat Basin is under the direct supervision of the Boat Basin Supervisor who reports to the City Manager. The City Council appoints an advisory Boat Basin Commission whose membership is based upon an election held among permit holders. The Boat Basin is responsible for all costs associated with the operation and maintenance of this facility including maintenance dredging of its waters.
A municipal owned and operated public marina.
Located on Western Long Island Sound approximately 9nm. North East of New York City. The Boat Basin can be found at the most Northern Navigable end of Milton Harbor on N. O. A. A. chart number 12367. More information on facilities.
Latitude N 40 57' .67
Longitude W 073 41' .42
2016 Boat Basin Fees (PDF Format)
- Summer boat slips
- Winter storage/Wet & Dry
- Summer trailer storage
- Offshore Mooring
- Transient Dockage
- Emergency marine Service
- Sanitary Pump Service
- Electrical Service
- Permit holders
- Owners of boats in harbor
- Full information for transient and visitors
- 425 at the dock slips
- Size range up to 37 feet.
- Water service throughout the marina.
- United electrical service.
- Restrooms, parking and picnic area available.
- Sanitary pump-out available.
- Haul-out ramp available.
- 175 dry winter storage spaces.
- 20 wet, de-iced winter storage spaces.
- Electricity and water throughout storage areas.
- Most repairs available on site.
- Grocery and Deli-restaurant across street.
- Hotel-motel accommodations available nearby.
- April through October season.
- Staffed throughout the year.
- Bay Constable and night security seasonably.
Boat Basin Commission meets on the third Monday of every month at the Damiano Recreation Center at 7:00 P.M. View the 2016 Boat Basin Commission meeting schedule
To view Boat Basin Commission meeting minutes, go to click here and select Boards and Commission/Boat Basin/Minutes/2015
Peter Fox, Boat Basin Supervisor - email@example.com
Gloria J. Mangiamele, P/T Office Assistant
Links to other sites:
- Police Department: Marine Services
- Recreational Boating Safety Information
- Maritime Safety Information Broadcasts